Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things About Me....

I did this on my facebook page, but liked it enough to share here.




25 Random Things About Me....


1. Regarding computers: I often have no clue what I'm doing, but I'll still spend all day online trying to figure this out. I love technology but I don't understand how to use most of it. I'm not afraid to ask.

2. I believe we are all equal souls and that only love is real.

3. I'm an optimist and I believe in the creed, especially to greet every living creature with a smile. It's amazing what you can get back in return when you give someone a smile.

4. This is Earth University and I'm still a freshman. I love learning new things though sometimes I just skim the surface. I'm still joining all those after school clubs just to see what they are about.




5. The most amazing thing I have ever done was to give birth to my daughter, Jennifer Lauren. At 23, I believe SHE is amazing. I love her unconditionally, and I like her a lot too. In 2009 she will be moving to Oxford, England. I'm so excited for her!




6. I live in the country in a one-bedroom apartment above a 2-car garage. My husband, Ben, lives in a cottage next door. I refer to this as a bifurcated relationship: we live together, yet separately. It's kind of a Tracy-Hepburn thing except that we just got married (to each other!). I spend most of my time reading or on the computer. He spends time in his garage building tractors and cars and things with motors. We are surrounded by farmland, mostly corn fields, and cows. It's lovely.

7. In my family I play the role of airhead.

8. People have told me I'm too serious and I don't know how to have fun. I guess it comes down to what you think is fun.

9. I love to travel and have been to all 50 states. I've slept in most, driven through all. Airports do not count. And, yeah, it's a familiy tradition that it does not count unless you peed there.

10. I love riding the bus or any kind of mass transportation, especially in big cities.

11. It takes all of my courage to talk to a stranger.

12. I want to learn how to quilt. I love those fabrics!

13. There's no cable in the country and I don't want to pay for a satellite dish. I netflix anything I missed, so I'm just a few seasons behind. I'm ok with this.




14. Instead of an engagement ring, I asked for a Mustang. That 65 Ford Mustang convertible looks real sweet on my finger!! I love days that are sunny and warm enough to put the top down.




15. I really enjoy all kinds of music. From Jazz to country to soul to classic rock to oldies to the Rat Pack to Elvis. I'm even beginning to think I could make it through a hiphop or rap concert. I need to be able to understand the lyrics or feed off of the music. I love marching bands because they get me off my feet and the music pulses through me. I could spend all day watching drum lines do their thing.

16. I lived in Alaska for 8 years and loved it. I miss the mountains. They hold me steady.

17. I learned the truth at 17. I believe it was at a concert at Kiwanis Lake featuring Ann and Nancy Wilson. God exists.

18. I believe in ghosts and angels and multiple lives. It completes my puzzle.

19. I am passionate about my job, though sometimes I'm confused as to why.

20. I love spa days: facials, manicures, pedicures, massages, wraps. THE WORKS!

21. I am not afraid of death because it just signifies the end of this lesson. I'm having a fabulous freshman year!

22. Ben and I got married November 29, 2008. All of our children were with us when we exchanged vows. Together, we have 4 children and 2 grandchildren. In 2009 we will welcome a 3rd grandchild, a baby from Kazakhstan! I'm still not sure how I feel about this Grandma thing.... but I am very excited about the new baby!

23. Last summer I ploughed a field. Yep, I drove a big tractor. It was complicated and a bit scary. By August I was surrounded by grown up corn fields. I'm damn excited about being able to grow my own food. I want to make more time for this in my life. Less work in the office, more time in the fields.


24. My favorite Broadway show is Les Miserables. I've seen it 8 times, the last time (finally) actually on broadway. I loved Cabaret, especially the production at Studio 54. Theatres in London are more intimate. London rocks Queen!

25. I think Ben's tractors are sexy. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment